S. Bradley Shipe
Email: Contact Brad Shipe
Throughout his legal career, Brad has handled a wide variety of litigation and business-related matters. In addition, since joining Wagner, Johnston & Rosenthal, Brad successfully completed the requirements for registration to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Currently, Brad’s practice focuses primarily on commercial litigation, intellectual property, and franchise law.
- Successfully prosecuted and defended numerous non-compete and non-solicitation covenants.
- Represented several businesses to protect trade secrets and confidential information.
- Obtained favorable jury verdict for minority shareholder in statutoryclose corporation dispute.
- Advised clients on patent-related issues.
- Successfully pursued lawsuit involving assignment of patent rights and loan agreements in connection with venture capital investment.
- Obtained jury verdict on behalf of commercial real estate purchaser for full amount of claims arising out of purchase contract.
- Successfully defended multimillion dollar securities fraud and derivative claims asserted against former corporate officer.
- Prosecuted fiduciary duty claims on behalf of corporation arising out of taking of business opportunities by members of the corporation’s management team.
- Successfully pursued appeal overturning ruling in favor of local government on open records request.
- Negotiated and drafted commercial leases as part of a $174 million corporate acquisition of a well-known quick-service franchise brand.
- Prepared organization and registration documents for franchisors and sellers of business opportunities.
- Successfully pursued appeal which led to reversal of trial court injunction involving encroaching private
- Obtained injunctive relief leading to favorable settlement in dispute between national franchisor and
owners of multiple franchise units.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- United States Court of Appeals – Seventh and Eleventh Circuits
- United States District Court – Northern District of Georgia, Middle District of Georgia, Northern District of Illinois, Western District of Michigan
- American Bar Association’s Section of Intellectual Property Law and Forum on Franchising